Current time in Africa

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Power of Prayers & Fasting

Hey Everyone,

Well pretty good week. We baptized 4 people on Saturday. We had a little Disappointment. I have talked about Sister Sylvia and her family. She is the one that we had family home evening with that one time. Well Saturday we were supposed to Baptize her and 2 of her kids. Well it came time for the baptism and her 2 kids showed up but no Sylvia. So they said that there Father had come who stays in the village and he is a Muslim and he told Sylvia that she couldn't be baptized. So I was pretty disappointed. Then later one of our Recent converts showed up who lives across the street from her and told us that the husband wasn't in town he said that she is just lying. So I don't know what happened but we will be going there with the branch president tomorrow and hopefully she will open up to us and tell us whats going on. But we had a successful baptism with her to kids Abada who is 19 and then her daughter Linda who is 14. Then we baptized one kid named Joshua who is 17 and then a girl named Hannah who is 16. Saturday and Sunday I was just thinking about conference and how bad I wish I was watching it. I hope they send us the DVDs quick. We just barely got the satellite here in Bo to be able to watch it live but I guess its not all the way hooked up yet so the next Conference we will be able to watch it live I think. Well I don't know because of the time difference. But ya. So I want to thank everyone this week that was involved in the prayers and the fasting for my health. My dad mentioned to me last week that they were going to be doing that. I want you all to know that your prayers have been answered. It was amazing that throughout this week I just felt my self getting better. I was having more energy and by the weekend I was eating everything insight. My companion was like man whats going on with you ha ha. So really thank you so much. I cant believe the love and the tremendous support that I receive from home. Thank you for your sacrifice. So a little about the mission, I want to clear up the whole sister missionary thing. So in West Africa they only send West Africans to the missions. So the sisters will be from either Nigeria or Ghana or even from here Sierra Leone or Liberia. I hear once in a while they can send Tongan sisters here but they don't send American sisters here. Then I heard that the new office elder that is Elder Hickeys new companion was being sent here from the Ghana mission which I thought was kind of weird. Then today I just found out the Reason. So I don't know if you guys back home heard about this huge thing that went on in the Ghana Accra mission where to Elders were arrested for raping a child. So they have been in jail and the church said that they knew through the first presidency that the elders were innocent. So the elders have been tried and tried in court in Ghana and were just barely found not guilty after about six months or so being in jail. So I heard that the missionary coming to be our office elder is one of those missionaries that was released from jail. So I bet he will have some pretty interesting stories to tell. But I think that's about it for us here in Salone. Thanks for praying and thinking about us. I love you all. And would love to receive some letters with updates on whats going on in your lives. Thanks again.

Elder Lancaster

No comments: