Current time in Africa

Monday, March 7, 2011

An Unforgetable Experience

Hey Everyone!
The Freetown trip was so awesome! We left on Thursday we woke up at 4:30 and had to be at the bus stop by 5:15. There are no motor bikes in the mornings to take us there so we had to walk its kinda of far from our apartment but when your half asleep it goes pretty fast. It felt good to be back in Freetown. I had forgotten about the nice breeze Freetown has because its right next to the Ocean. Freetown is also more developed then Bo. My apartment slept at the Freetown apartment which is next door to the mission office. It was hard not to covet when they had 24 hr electricity and running water. In Bo I haven't seen electricity since I came. Rumor is it wont be for 5 more months until we will have it. Meeting Elder Dickson was an experience I will never forget. The part I really enjoyed was listening to Sis Dickson when she instructed us. She is just sweet and reminded me of the sweet loving Relief Society Sisters back home. It was comforting and refreshing. Well this women just came up to me and said that the internet line is down and not to send this email so we will see what happens hopefully the line comes back before I finish. I really do love Bo I was happy to come back. Dry season is just hard here. Anyways my Interview with Elder Dickson was so nice. He just thanked me for the work I was doing and said that I was fun to be around and said I looked like I was doing good. When he said that I started to laugh because all the Elders had kept saying how I look like I just got out of a concentration camp. So I told him how much weight I have lost and he said wow don't you lose anymore weight ha ha then he said but you really do look good. My favorite thing that he said to me was he asked me how long I had been out and it was actually my 15 month mark that day and so what he told me was Elder you have the perfect amount of time left to really crank out some life changing experiences. He said now is the time to make those memories for that time when you are bouncing your grandson on your knee you can say back in Sierra Leone in 2011.... And share those experiences you had. It was awesome he is an amazing man. I don't have much to say about the work this week because of our vacation... I mean trip to Freetown. We had a baptism set for the 12th but it looks like it is getting pushed. Even the baptism we had set for the 19th with sister Sylvia and her family is going to be pushed but we are still seeing what we can do. Sylvia had a family member pass away so she had to travel to the village for the burial. Her son came to church who had never come yet and he seemed to really like it but he was the only one. Well that's about it for us here thank you for the love and support I love you.
Elder Lancaster

No comments: